This week is what I would call mopey military wife week. Our guys are headed out on a 6 week mission and that leaves our little butts behind in Alaska.
Well at least that’s what I sometimes do. Poor Trevor has gotten me full blast when he calls at 4am my time, because at 9pm his time it made sense. Combine above symptoms with not being a morning person and you better watch out.
But instead of pouting and slowly turning into a hermit, I decided to make a 6 week challenge/bucket list for myself. Six weeks after all is NOT long in military terms. Six months would kick my butt, and a year is just inhumane to do to a person. Believe me, I know that this is essentially the pre-school version of military missions. SO I say, it’s time to put on my big girl pants and enjoy myself.
I already have a penchant for red wine and ridiculously animated sing-a-longs. This would NOT be a stretch.
Here we go:
1. Movie night: My Week With Marilyn
2. Buy and refinish a mirror for our bedroom
3. Finish the Bodyrockers 30 day challenge (I started 2 weeks late, so I’m almost done)
4. Make my own Thai Green Curry chicken dish
5. GALentine’s day with my favorite AF ladies
6. Beauty night… face masks, deep conditioning my hair… essentially look as scary as possible
7. Time a mile run… see how much I can improve in 6 weeks
8. Watch Meet Joe Black. I have never seen it, but I’m told it is necessary to my existence.
9. Go to restaurant week in Denver (I’m going home for a week! Holllerrrr)
10. Back to blogging… trying for 2-3 times a week
A shout out to those spouses that handle the deployments, long TDYs, and years that are filled with good-byes. Somehow they manage to keep their chins ups, and handle all that the military hands them. As a newbie at this, I sincerely tip my hat to you. And that is the reason for this 6 week absence, I will suck it up, cause you know what, it’ll be over before I know it.